Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Almost got my distance back to the pre-box level

I ran 4.5 miles on the Jordan River Parkway today and enjoyed the run. During my half-mile warm up, I ran a pace about 11:30. Then I ran about 10:15 until I reached my turn-around point. On the way back I slowed to a 11:30-11:45 pace.

My wakeup HR was 56, so when I started running I knew I was tired, but I felt fine as I ran and had a reasonable energy level considering my high wakeup HR. This is a recovery week, so I'm not trying to set speed goals. I just want to run a comfortable pace as dictated by my body.

The temperature was in the mid 40s (F) during my run, and there was a light sprinkle coming down. I wore my normal summer clothes: a poly T-shirt and my shorts. I was a bit cool during the warmup but was fine for the rest of the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment