Monday, May 14, 2012

Ran/walked a tired 1.5 miles and then aborted the exercise

Yesterday my wife and I were invited to a Mother's Day dinner at my son's home. After the dinner, his kids wanted to go for a walk around the block, so we all went on the walk. A 15 minute walk around the block turned into a 2+ hour walk of about 2 miles. I was pretty tired when we finished.

This morning my wakeup pulse was high, and I was tired.  I took a short nap in the afternoon and left for my weely rest run about 3 pm. The shade temperature was in the mid 80s (F), but the temperature of the direct sun was probably over 100. Fortunately, there is more shade on the path in the afternoon than in mid-day, and I really enjoyed the shade. I was very tired during the workout and did 1.5 miles. I aborted the workout and skipped the last 15 minutes of the exercise. Tomorrow is a rest day. If I'm still tired on Wednesday, I'll take another rest day and do my exercise on Thursday. I'm not used to workouts on adjacent days.

No comments:

Post a Comment