Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Had a great run/walk for 1 hour 20 minutes

The temperature was in the mid 80s (F) when I left for my running. That is shade-temperature. The temperature in the direct sun was about 117. Most of the Parkway path where I run is in the direct sun. I had a good drink of water before I left home, another drink from the parking lot at the Parkway path, two other drinks at the South Jordan East Pavilion, and a final drink back at the Parkway path where I began the run. Even with all that water, I was uncomfortable in the sun. While I was doing my workout, I thought about the cold weather during the winter, and I thought it ironic that we're now approaching summer temperatures. I ran 4.15 miles in the 80 minutes.

There was a little water in the tunnel under 106th South (from recent rains), but it was only an inch deep, and I walked through the puddle.

I didn't see a lot of birds, because the ducks and geese are going north for the summer. I often see red winged blackbirds, but I didn't see any this time.

1 comment: