Monday, May 28, 2012

I didn't run tidat but did some walking

My wife and I took our daughter, son-in-law, and their four children up the Big Cottonwood canyon to the Brighton ski resort. We had planned to hike to Lake Mary, but the snow from last night was still on the ground and the trail was muddy. We went back to the Salt Lake valley and hiked a trail that rings the valley. We only went about 1.25 miles, but the trail went up and down hills; we had a good aerobic workout during our hike. As I'm getting older, I'm not as limber as I was in my younger years, and I had a problem going up and down the hills on the rocky and steep path. Everybody went ahead of me, and I caught up with them on the level parts. It was really a nice day -- pleasant temperature and not much wind. After our hike, the kids played on slides in the recreational area that is at the trail head.

No comments:

Post a Comment