Monday, May 21, 2012

Ran/walked 86 minutes again for my weekly rest run

Today was a hot day. The afternoon temperature was in the high 80s (F). Because of the heat, I didn't go running until early evening. I started my run about 7 pm. The temperature was 86 when I left home and in the mid 70s when I returned. Because of the late time, the sun was low in the sky, and I found a lot of shade along the path. The sun went behind the Oquirrh Mountains about 10 minutes before I finished my run. I did  2.1 miles.

I had a nice run/walk. I didn't run last Saturday because of a grandson who stayed with us for several days and a visit by my daughter to get her son. Thus, I had three days of rest for my run today, and I felt pretty good. My wakeup heart rate is high, though, due to my only getting 6-6 1/2 hours sleep each night. If I could sleep in until 8 am, I would have plenty of sleep, but my body wakes up around 6:30 or 7:00, and I don't go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment