Monday, January 02, 2012

Today I made my maiden voyage for 2012 for running

Today was another April-like day with temperatures peaking in the low 50s (F). When I ran in mid afternoon, the temperature was 49. A beautiful, blue sky with white clouds and lots of sun. In my 60-minute rest run I ran 3.25 miles, running for 3 minute at a time and walking for 40 seconds. During the first two cycles of running and walking, I ran about 20 seconds less and walked for 20 seconds more than the cycle given above. However, once my body was warmed up, I ran and walked as described above. After I finished my 60 minutes, I walked for about 1/4 mile to cool-down, and I did my usual stretches after a run.

I saw two horses on the Parkway path. I occasionally see horses, but not very often.

2 comments:

  1. Will you please send some of that balmy weather over here Alan - low fifties indeed!
    Good to see you're still churning out the miles. All the best for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to the TV weatherperson, this nice weather may last for another couple of weeks. It's nice now, but we'll pay for it in the summer when we have water shortages....

    ReplyDelete