Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Tired legs took me for a rest run

I could tell as soon as I started running that my legs were tired. I ran/walked for 30 minutes and then turned around, doing 3.15 miles in the 60 minutes. In the beginning I ran my 3 minute phase and walked my 40 second phase, but I soon started doing more walking and less running. I ended up running for a minute and walking for a minute. With 0.7 miles to go, I took a rest stop for a couple of minutes (stopping my GPS so that time wouldn't be included in my 60 minutes.

I've been thinking about this warm weather we're having. If it keeps up much longer, I'll have to stop telling people I'm from Utah and tell them I'm from Georgia or somewhere in the south. The temperature during my run today was in the low 50s (F), lots of sun, and no wind. Everything was perfect for a great run except my tired legs :(

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Not sure what kind of race / event you were running, but if by chance it was a half marathon or 10K, you should check out training for a half marathon...lots of helpful information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon,

    I wasn't running a race or event. I was just doing one of my three runs each week. I do a 60-minute rest run of about 3.2 miles, a 100-minute intermediate run of about 5.4 miles, and a 140-minute long run of about 7.5 miles.

    The only races I run are a local 5K in June and another local 5K in September. Eventually, when my long run gets up to 13 miles, I'll do another half-marathon.

    ReplyDelete