Friday, December 30, 2011

A good long run of 2 hours 20 minutes

I ran/walked for 2 hours 20 minutes and completed 7.6 miles. Utah is having a January thaw in December. The temperature was 49 (F) when I left for my run and the mid 50s when I returned. Even though it was quite warm when I ran, I still wore my long pants, because 50 degrees in the winter seems colder than 50 degrees feels in the summer. I ran south from 100th South for 1 hour 10 minutes and then returned. There was a brisk 10-15 mph head during my run out, and I looked forward to having the wind as a tail wind during my return. However, as often happens, the wind decreased in amplitude, and by the time I turned around, the wind was almost gone. During my return I had a few gusts pushing me, but not the steady wind that I experienced going out. The wind did pick up after I finished my run, and I was glad I had gotten out earlier than I usually do for my run.

For most of the run I ran for three minutes and walked for 40 seconds. For a couple of miles in the middle of my run, I ran for about 2 minutes 45 seconds and walked for about 55 seconds. My only rest stop was a couple of minutes at the 6 mile marker. I started my run at 10:55 am, and I was glad I was out early, because during my run I could see dark storm clouds gathering over the Wasatch Mountains. Unfortunately, the dark clouds didn't bring any rain or snow. We need snow in the mountains, because northern Utah currently has about 17% of the snow we usually have by the end of December.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. All information is very useful to me. I really like your blog.

    ReplyDelete