Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Saw lots of geese during my run

During my run, I must have seen several hundred geese walking around a large grassy area. Most of the geese were within 25 feet from the path and, maybe, 50 feet from the Jordan River. The large grassy area is about a quarter mile long and contains quite a few picnic tables. It's part of the South Jordan park system. I always see geese there and at similar places. I don't see geese picking at things on the ground; they are just standing still or walking around. I don't know if the geese just like open spaces or if they find more food there than in other places. I don't know if the geese eat insects, worms, etc. or grass. What ever the reason they're there, it is nice to see them up close -- they are beautiful, majestic birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment