Saturday, February 05, 2011

Ahhh... ran a great 5 miles

Today was a warm day. The temperature high was 51 (F) and was 49 when I left home around 2:30 pm. It was 41 when I returned. I felt good and had a good run. I did the 5 miles using a left-foot steps of 117 for running and 66 for walking, and I did the run using that ratio all the way with no rest stops. When I finished, my legs and body felt a little bit tired but not enough to cause me to take a rest stop or decrease the number of lfs. I saw a couple of cyclists and a walker or two on the path but no other runners. Lots of ducks and Canadian geese in the river and on the lawns. Even though the temperature was in the mid 40s, I wore long pants and my usual 3 layers. I felt comfortable, and it was nice to run in warmer weather. There was a gusty south-wind of about 4 mph.


The sky was mostly cloudy with bits of sun here and there, due to a storm front that is passing through. The forecast said we might get some rain or light snow this afternoon and evening, but nothing happened. I picked up quite a bit of trash that had blown in by the wind. I see very little trash dropped by persons using the Parkway -- they are pretty good in using the trash bins.

No comments:

Post a Comment