Monday, February 14, 2011

Ran another 5 miles this morning

Today is the day for my rest run. I ran in the morning and had a nice run. I ran 121 left-foot-steps and walked 66 lfs. The temperature was in the low 50s (F), and except for a 20 mph gusty south wind, it was a great day for running. I wore running shorts, a thick cotton long sleeved T-shirt, and my wind breaker, giving me two layers. On the way back, I took off my wind breaker. There was lots of sun in the sky (and some clouds, too). Because of the headwind, I slowed down to the point where I could complete my running segment. I was looking forward to a 20 mph tail wind, but as I neared the turn-around-point, the wind died down to a 10 mph gusty wind. I kept the running/walking ratio that I mentioned above, and I didn't stop to rest. So, it was a nice run on a beautiful morning. Quite a few people were out walking or running. One guy was on inline skates and was being pulled by a big dog.

One walker passed me while I was walking. I found that my running phase kept up with her, but I fell back from her during my walking phase. I know I'm going pretty slow when the walkers walk as fast as I run.

My new PI shoes still feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment