Saturday, February 12, 2011

Did my first run in the Pearl iZUMi shoes

I ran 5 miles in the new Pearl iZUMi (PI) shoes that I'm testing. I decided that, instead of making comments in this blog and later adding a formal review to my training blog, I would add the review now to the training blog now and update it every so often as I put mileage on the shoes.

The temperature was in the high 40s (F) during the run. I still wore my long pants and three layers, and I got too warm on the way back and tied my windbreaker around my waist.

During the run I ran 120 left-foot-steps and walked 66 lfs. During the middle of the run I started getting tired and dropped down to 80-90 lfs running, but during the last mile I felt better and went back to 120 lfs.

I'm still having problems not eating breakfast. I've noticed on days that I do eat breakfast, I have more energy. Today, my only food after getting up and later going out to run was a bowl of Cheeros with 1% milk and a banana; this was about two hours before I started running. Also, I needed more water due to not drinking before I left home. And, my five hours of sleep last night was not enough. All of this drained my energy, and I took several brief rest stops during the run.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great job!! You always inspire me to be healthy! Congrats on your newest accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete