Monday, February 21, 2011

A 2 mile run in my new Saucony shoes

I received today via UPS a pair of Saucony ProGrid Triumph shoes that I'll be testing. I wore them on a 2-mile run, and they felt fine. I've started a review of them in my training site.

I've had three grandkids here for the weekend, and I chose to delay my run until the kids left (we played games all afternoon, and my 7-year-old granddaughter won 6 straight games of Sorry). It was a few minutes from being dark when I started my run. However, that part of the Jordan River Parkway has enough secondary light from a golf course, nearby buildings, the moon, etc. that I had no problems seeing the path. I've run that part of the Parkway several times after dark, and the darkness gives a pleasant but different atmosphere to the run.

The temperature was 32 (F) when I left home and 30 (F) when I returned home. It was a nice evening for a run, the new Saucony shoes felt fine, and the run was a nice conclusion to a nice Presidents Day. I alternated running 124 left-foot-steps and walking 66 lfs.

1 comment:

  1. I will check out your review of the Saucony shoes.
    Grandchildren are the best...glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete