Monday, March 22, 2010

This week I'm doing 2.5 miles

I had a nice run this afternoon, but I misjudged the weather. The temperature when I left was in the mid 50s (F), and I thought it would be just right for running with one layer. Last week we had the same temperature range, and the afternoons were pleasant, and I thought today would be the same. I parked my car and got out to run, and I realized there was a 15 mph cold wind blowing (another storm front has reached the Salt Lake valley). I was cold during my whole run. I ran about half the time, and my body and legs felt fine but my arms were cold. A long sleeved, heaver T-shirt would have been about right, or my wind breaker as a second layer). My splits during the first mile were 16+ minutes and 17+ minutes during the second mile. Those times include both running and walking.

The Jordan River is several inches higher. There is a certain flat rock that I use to gauge the height of the water. In the past, the water level has been even with the top of that rock, but today I couldn't see the rock because it was covered with water. We had rain last night, and the pumping station is putting more water into the river to keep Utah Lake from flooding.

No comments:

Post a Comment