Tuesday, March 02, 2010

My surgery for skin cancer is over

My surgery for a skin cancer took two hours this morning. During most of that time I was waiting for the lab to inspect the layers that were removed (I read an entire issue of a Farm and Country magazine). Only two layers were removed. After the first layer was removed, they could see the roots of the cancer entwined around a nerve. The second layer removed the roots of the cancer and the nerve. The stitches used to close the incision will be absorbed by my body, and I don't have to do any maintenance to keep the incision clean. So far, I haven't felt any pain because of the local used during the surgery, but I may feel some pain in a few hours. The bad news is that I can't run for a week, but I can walk. No heavy lifting for a week, no running, nothing that would increase my blood pressure and thus the chances for bleeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment