Monday, March 29, 2010

Ran a tired 2.5 miles

Even though my wakeup heart rate was 56 this morning, I was tired as I plodded through 2.5 miles. During the first mile, I followed Galloway's suggested ratio of running:walking of 30:30 (seconds). However, I could tell I was getting tired, and I changed to a 30:60 ratio. That helped. I should have made that change as soon as I realized I was tired.

Aside from being tired, it was a nice run on a beautiful day. The temperature was in the low 70s (F), but there was a 15 mph wind. During the first mile, I had to overcome the wind, and that probably helped me be tired. The main reason, I think, that I was tired was that I only got 5 hours sleep Saturday night. The lack of sleep was due to getting home late at night and having to get up early Sunday morning. I wore my wind breaker during the first mile, and I tied it around my waist for the remainder of the run.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, only five hours of sleep whould make me tired too...currently tired from Mulberry Tree allergy, soon will be the Olive Tree allergy, and the drugs do make me drowsy and tired too.

    ReplyDelete