Monday, March 01, 2010

A great 4-mile run/walk

My wake up heart rate was 57, and I felt great. I didn't go running, though, until late afternoon as the sun was setting. The temperature was about 47 (F) when I left home, and I finished the run before it was dark. I wore two layers, a regular technical T-shirt and my wind breaker, and my running shorts. I was actually sweating on my face when I finished the run.

During my first mile, I ran about 2/3 of the mile and walked 1/3. The great thing was that instead of doing less running during the second mile and even less during the third and even less during the fourth miles, I continued to run about 2/3 of each mile. That means I ran about 2 2/3 miles of the 4 miles. That is the most running I've done in one run during the past year. For breakfast I had two glasses of a fruit drink that my wife made. She had one glass. All together, the drink had an apple, a banana, fresh grapes, frozen blueberries, and orange juice. It tasted great. For lunch, about 2:30 pm, I had a slice of a Costco Pepperoni pizza and an ice cream bar with nuts. I knew I couldn't run on that much food, so I waited three hours and then went running. My stomach was fine during the run, and I felt good. The pizza had a lot of calories, but that was my main meal for the day. For supper I had a few nuts.

2 comments:

  1. Its a good thing that at your age your still doing some running/walking. By doing that your body and your stamina will still remain active.

    Try to visit our site for better health wellness.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done on keeping your fitness up it can be hard to keep at it. keep up the great work and all the best

    ReplyDelete