Friday, September 11, 2009

My wakeup heart rate continues to be lower

On Wednesday I reported that my wakeup heart rate was 54 and on Monday it was 56, while it had been around 60 during previous days. It was 54 yesterday and today, and all of this suggests that getting more sleep at night is helping my body to relax and to better handle stress. I'm anxious to see how I do in my run tomorrow.

I'm still struggling with getting to bed earlier because I love to stay up at night. But, I also love to get up feeling rested and have good runs as well as good activities during the day. I'm hoping my love of getting up feeling rested will overshadow my love of staying up later. When I was younger, I could stay up late and sleep in, but as I get older I'm finding that I wake up around 7 am regardless of when I went to bed.

3 comments:

  1. I am so conscious on what I eat that’s because it nourishes my body. I’ve been looking a website that can refer me ways for health living. Gladly I found one that contains what I really need about alternative health, neuro feedback, holistic healing, alternative natural healing and dynamic psychotherapy. You guys should visit http://www.createyourhealth.com/wordpress/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a nocturnal night owl too, which helps as I drive my cab until 12:00 a.m. Lately I've been up by 7:00 a.m. of regardless of when I went to bed, but I do love my mid-day 20 minute naps. I hope you have a great run tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the same thing and am now getting up at 0500 whether I need it or not. But I decided to take advantage of it and now I got swimming at 0600 three days a week. Anyone who knew me when would never believe it!

    ReplyDelete