Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wow! A wicked-good 8-mile run!

My wakeup heart rate this morning was 51, and I felt really good. I added a half-mile to the distance I've run for the past two weeks and ran 8 miles on the Jordan River Parkway. I felt great during the run, kept a pace between 12:30 and 13:30, and took walking breaks every mile to mile and a half. Now, I'm looking forward to two days of rest and a nice Thanksgiving time tomorrow with two of my four kids and their four children.

The temperature was in the 50s (F), and it was a great day to be outdoors. I wore my long sleeved cotton T-shirt and should have worn a short sleeved shirt, because I felt too warm. However, it wasn't bad.

3 comments:

  1. You're definitely showing great progress, not only longer, but you're conquering that hill too. Have a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce, yes, my body has taken a real turn for the better during the past month. For several months, my body felt like it was just hanging on, and then all of a sudden it felt like it was finally ready to blossom.

    Hi Paul, thanks for stopping by and saying "hello".

    ReplyDelete