Monday, November 10, 2008

A good start to the week: a 5-mile rest run

I had a nice 5-mile run this afternoon. There was a light rain during the first half hour, and then the rain stopped but the sky remained cloudy. The temperature was in the mid 40s (F). I felt good during the run. I don't think I went as fast as I did on Saturday, but I think I went faster than I usually do on my rest runs. As I usually do, I let my body set the pace.

When I first woke up after 6-6 1/2 hours of sleep my wakeup heart rate was 53. After I had been up for about 3 hours, I took an hour nap, and when I woke from that, my heart rate was 50. This is a good example of how sleep affects heart rate.

3 comments:

  1. Your still doing fine. Keep on running, and God Bless "Your & Your Family" is my (Prayer).
    Jimmy J....
    P.S. I've finally made it to running 15-miles easy for my longest run in over 3 years....Last week I logged 14miles, and also ran 60m's for the week my longest week in over 3 years. I'm taking it slow mostly, and I'm finally getting back. Take Care, and have a great week & weekend....
    Your "Virginia" Friend....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am up to 4 miles right now and still pushing for 5 miles. Also trying to get my mile under 5:30minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Clinton, you're a lot faster than I am :) When I was in my mid 40s and was running marathons, my LSD pace was 7 minutes, and I ran races at 6:30. I went to a high school track with some friends once a week and ran a timed mile. After several weeks of that, I finally broke 6 minutes for a mile. Doing a 5:30 would have been like I was in heaven...

    Let us know when you break 5:30.

    ReplyDelete