Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's mid-week, time for my medium run

I ran in the afternoon for 7.5 miles on the Jordan River Parkway. It was another beautiful day with shade temperature in the mid 50s (F). I didn't measure my pace, but I felt like I was running about the same pace that I ran on Saturday.

In my previous posts going back a couple of years, I've mentioned a big hill. My runs longer than 6.5 miles take me up that hill. I'm not running all the way up, but each time I increase my distance, I also increase the amount of the hill that I run. In 3 or 4 more increases (about 100 yards per increase), and I'll be running up the whole hill. I'm getting better at running down the hill, too. A month ago my knees were weak and couldn't handle the stress of running downhill, but now I can jog down the hill at a pace of about 14 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment