Tuesday, September 09, 2008

This week is a rest week. Ran a slow 4 miles

I haven't had enough sleep the past two nights, and my wakeup heart rate for yesterday and today has been 59. So, as is to be expected, I didn't have a lot of energy during my run. I had decided last week to have this week be a rest week, because I've had 3 or 4 weeks of great running, and I wanted to give my body some extra rest. The timing for this rest week was great, because my performance this morning indicates I'm quite tired. This week will be a rest week, because I'll run reduced distances and a relatively slow pace, what ever pace is comfortable for me.

The sky during my run was mostly cloudy, and the temperature was in the mid 70s (F). I ran at a slow pace, stopped several times to pick up litter, and took extra walking breaks to avoid my body becoming stressed out.

4 comments:

  1. Get some sleep and enjoy your rest week. Rest weeks can be SLOW good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great training. someone who has run as long as you have knows what works. God Bless You in all that you endeavor to do.
    A Runner Friend,
    Jimmy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next week is my Recovery Week, not so much as a rest for my body, but for my mind as well. I always feel very eager to run after a Recovery Week.

    Beachrunner's comment "Rest weeks can be SLOW good," is rather funny, I think I'll borrow it as a Daily Quote in my blog at the beginning of my Recovery Run.

    ReplyDelete