Thursday, September 18, 2008

Had a great run this morning -- 6.5 miles!

My wakeup heart rate this morning was 53, and I felt pretty good. During my run I had a higher than normal energy level. The only walking breaks I took were my scheduled ones at half-mile markers. I drank 16 oz of water and finished the run with one nice gulp left which I drank during my cool-down walk.

I was glad I felt fine during the run, because I wasn't sure what condition I was in. On Tuesday after my run I started having stomach cramps. Not big cramps and not frequent cramps but cramps that caused discomfort. My energy level was also low. The cramps and low energy continued all day Wednesday, but by bedtime last night I felt better. When I got up this morning I did so with the attitude that I would abort the run if I felt tired. Rather than feeling tired, I felt great during the whole run. I measured the last half-mile as a pace of 12:01, a pace that represented the whole run.

The temperature when I left home was in the low 70s, and it was a wonderful day!

2 comments: