Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A nice 6-mile run

My wakeup heart rate was 57, which is still high but not as bad as the 59 I had yesterday. I felt pretty good so I went for my run and ran 6 miles on the Parkway. I was out early and the temperature when I left was 42 (F). It was still dark when I got up, but by the time I dressed and stretched, it was daylight but the sun wasn't up yet. I started my run, and as I passed the first half-mile marker, the sun peaked over the mountains. Because of my high heart rate I took it easy and just focused on the distance. There were no cars in the parking lot when I arrived at the Parkway, so I think I was the first one on the trail. Because of the cool temperature, I didn't take any water with me, and I was fine without it.

1 comment:

  1. Very "Cool Run". God Bless....
    Your "Running Friend" Across The Miles,
    Jimmy "Jtornadoman" Jacobs = 45.

    ReplyDelete