Thursday, September 11, 2008

My rest-week continues with a 5 mile run

Because this is a rest week, I reduced my mid-week run from 6.5 miles to 5 miles. I've been sleeping better the past few days, and my wakeup heart rate has gone down from 59 to 55. I was late getting out, and the shade temperature was 70, still too warm for good running but much better than the summer heat of low 90s at the same time of day. I had a nice run and picked up a lot of litter. The Parkway path looks pretty clean right now. However, the next windy day will bring in more litter.

2 comments:

  1. Go Allen!!!! Keep up the good work, and God bless "You & Your Family" is my prayer,
    Your Runner Friend from Virginia,
    Jimmy.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy, I have fond memories of Virginia. I used to live in Maryland, next to DC, and we visited Skyland Drive and hiked a few miles. Beautiful country back there! I'm not sure I remember the name of that trail correctly, but it is near Charlottsville. We went to Richmond one time and took a walking tour of the city. Of course, we also visited Williamsburg.

    ReplyDelete