Saturday, September 27, 2008

Finished up the week with another enjoyable 6.5 mile run

I ran 6.5 miles this morning and felt good during the run. This is the second week I've run 6.5 miles, and I don't know yet if I'll go for a 3rd week next week or go for 7 miles. One of the key things to know that it is time for an increase in distance is my energy level when I finish. If I'm pretty tired when I finish, I'm not ready for an increase. Since Monday is always a 5-mile rest run, my decision about an increase will be made next Wednesday.

I was out earlier this morning. The shade temperature when I left was mid 70s (F). I drank 16 oz of water during the run. I also went a little faster than I've been doing, and that is a good sign that my energy level is higher. My pace during the last half-mile was 12:28.

1 comment:

  1. You don't know me, and I wouldn't dare say I know you, but I just wanted to let you know I enjoy reading your blog, and find it very inspiring.

    Keep running, for all of us!

    ReplyDelete