Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ran 2.5 miles tonight

Today has been a busy day! July 24 is the anniversary of the entry into the Salt Lake valley of the Mormon pioneers under Brigham Young in 1847. There was a very large parade in Salt Lake City that lasted for two hours. My wife and I (two cars) took our four grandchildren who have been staying with us into SLC to see the parade. I had the two boys in my car and she had the two girls. Utah requires car seats up to 10 or 11, so we needed two cars to get the three car seats in the back seat. The boys and I had to walk a mile each way from the car to the beginning of the parade. That plus the time watching the parade meant that I was on my feet most of the morning. The temperature in the sun was 94 (F), and it was more humid than normal. After I got home, I was tired and took a half-hour nap.

I went running just after the sun went down and the temperature had dropped into the low 80s, but I could tell I had little energy. I thus aborted my planned 6-mile run and ended with a jog/walk of 2.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment