Saturday, July 12, 2008

A great running week has ended

I ran 5 miles again on the Jordan River Parkway. For the past couple of weeks it has taken me about 3 miles to warm up. That happened this morning. For the first 3 miles I ran 13-14 minute paces and took frequent walking breaks. For the last two miles, I ran a faster pace and only took walking breaks at the half-mile markers. My pace for the last half-mile was 11:50, and I felt fine during those miles. I had an urge to go faster, but I ignored it and continued running at a comfortable LSD pace.

I was late again getting out (10 am), and the shade temperature when I left home was about 80 (F), and it was probably in the high 80s when I returned. I drank 24 oz of water during the run. My wakeup heart rate was 53, but I felt a bit tired while doing my 30 sit ups. I've been sleeping well during the past few weeks, and that is good!

2 comments:

  1. I can sympathize with your heat issues. Here in Houston, our lows AT NIGHT don't even get below 80, and our heat index is generally over 90 before the sun comes up. Keep up the great work and be careful in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! From what I hear, Houston is humid as well as hot. Head for the gym...

    ReplyDelete