Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I felt good and ran 6 miles in 90+ (F) temps

My wakeup heart rate was 56, 3 points higher than the 53 I've been getting for the past few days. I felt fine, however, during my stretches (especially the sit ups), and I decided to head for the Parkway. I drank 32 ounces of water during the run. I could tell I was stronger than I've been for a couple of weeks, because I took fewer walking breaks and ran at what felt like a faster pace. Well, I took fewer walking breaks on the way out, but I took quite a few on the way back, because the heat was getting to me and I didn't want to push too hard in this heat. All in all, it was a nice run.

I was late getting out. It was 90 (F) when I left home and in the mid 90s when I returned. It's really dumb to run in this heat. By getting out three hours earlier, I could have run in the mid 70s. Seems like I never learn to leave home earlier.

2 comments:

  1. wow, good job on running in such heat. I did 8 miles the other day and had to stop and walk so much because it was so hot. Don't know the temp though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope, Sherri, you drank a lot of water. Your body needs it to keep your internal temp down. I drank a quart during my 6 miles, and that wasn't enough. My urine was a dark yellow when I returned.

    I'm heading to bed in a few minutes so I can get out earlier tomorrow. I'm running tomorrow instead of Saturday due to family schedule.

    ReplyDelete