Monday, March 17, 2008

The tunnel under 106th South is flooded again

For the past 3-4 weeks, there has been water in the Parkway tunnel under 106th South.The water along the west edge of the tunnel was only about half an inch deep, and I was able to walk through it without getting my stockings wet.

On the return trip of my run today, when I entered the tunnel, I saw two workmen checking out the electrical box that controls the pump. They were from the County, and they said the box was ok and that someone would be here in the morning to replace the pump. It will be nice to get the pump working, so we can use the tunnel during the spring runoff of the river. Last spring, the tunnel was unusable for about two months due to high water in the tunnel from the river. The water that is there now is just runoff from the rain and snow we've been having.

No comments:

Post a Comment