Friday, March 21, 2008

A nice but even slower and tired 9 miles

I ran 9 miles today on the Jordan River Parkway. I usually would run on Saturday, but we're having 11 people to Easter dinner tomorrow, and I want to be available tomorrow to help with the preparations.

I could tell when I started my run that my energy level was lower than it was during my two previous runs this week. My low energy is probably normal, considering I didn't run for two weeks due to having the flu plus allowing a few days for extra rest after I recovered from the flu, and considering that I then jumped right into running and increased my distance by a mile from what it was just before I got the flu. Because of having low energy, I ran slower than I did on Wednesday (my last half mile was a 16:38 pace), and I just focused on getting the miles in. Because of running today, I'll have two rest days before I run again on Monday, and it will be interesting to see how well my energy level improves during those two days.

The temperature today was in the mid 50s (F). I carried two 8-ounce bottles of water and could have used a third bottle. In addition to carrying more water next week for my two long runs, I think I'll carry a gel or maybe try the sports beans I bought a couple of months ago.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your article, I will share it with senior friends on BoomerMingle.com.

    ReplyDelete