Monday, March 03, 2008

A great 5-mile rest run tonight

I left home for my run just as the sun was going behind the Oquirrh mountains. I had a high energy level and felt good during the run. Just after I left the 2.5 mile turn-around for the trip back, I saw two deer about 100 feet away, standing next to some trees. It was almost dark, and I could just barely see them.

The path was completely dry, except for some water in the tunnel under 106th South. I timed my pace during the last half mile at 11:10.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for blogging your running efforts! I'm not a runner (yet) but I have just begun the "Couch to 5K" plan. You can read about my experience in my own blog. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your running blog online. It is great- I really like the photos on the river with the wildlife. I will check back and all the best- Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie,

    Thanks for stopping by and taking time to say hi. The next time you are here, click on the wildlife label that is listed in the Other Categories in the left side bar. That will give you a list of my posts about seeing wildlife. That is a new label and I've probably missed some posts, but I'll track them down eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish, I visited your site and saw that you're going low carb. Just be aware that healthy carbs are the main energy source for runners, and by going low-carb you'll be forcing your body to burn protein, and that doesn't work very well with running.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Allen: Thanks! I liked the photos! I often see wildlife here in Boston's Emerald Necklace, but never thought to take photos, though I do a little better bringing the camera while hiking. We are finally seeing some signs of spring migration in the Northeast and it's such a relief. I will check back and see how your running is going!

    ReplyDelete