Monday, March 31, 2008

Energy, energy, my kingdom for energy!

I ran 5 miles on the Jordan River Parkway today. It took me 1 hour 6 minutes for the run, compared to 1 hour 27 minutes last week. These times include 30-60 second walking breaks every half mile. I had much more energy today, and it felt good to run a faster pace. For the first two miles, my pace was around 14 minutes. Then it decreased to 12:30 or so, and then it went to 11:45 - 12:15.

The temperature was in the high 30s (F), and the sky was overcast with some sun showing. There were gusts of 5-8 mph wind, but the wind wasn't constant like it was last Saturday. I wore long pants and my heavy long-sleeved T-shirt, and I had to remove my windbreaker after a couple of miles because I was sweating.

We had another inch-deep snow storm last night.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! A huge difference in times from last week!! When will your winter ever end?

    ReplyDelete