Monday, February 11, 2008

A really nice 5-mile rest run

I ran 5 miles on the Jordan River Parkway as a rest run and enjoyed myself. There was lots of sun, the temperature was in the low 50s (F), the path was free of ice, and a gentle breeze of about 4-5 mph was blowing. I started with 2 layers but took off my wind breaker for most of the run. I had my running shorts on. There is still snow on the ground, but it is going down fast. My pace during the run was around 12:18, a nice restful pace for me right now.

I experimented with arm movement during the latter part of the run. My right arm goes forward in sync with my left foot. I assume my left arm is in sync with my right foot, but I didn't focus on that arm.

My wife and grandson, Erik, came with me and walked the path while I did my run. On the way home, we stopped at Burger King. I like the BK Whopper Jr. They are small but just right for me, and I get them plain with only lettuce so I don't get calories from yucky sauces, mayo, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment