Monday, February 04, 2008

The mother of all upper-body workouts!

We had about a foot of snow Saturday night, and I spent 4 1/2 hours on Sunday shoveling my driveway and then helping several neighbors with their driveways. This snow was a heavy snow, and I paced myself by avoiding heavy shovel-fulls of snow and by pushing the snow across half my driveway and then walking back to the center of the driveway for the next "push". I spent another hour today shoveling from seven driveways the snow that had been deposited by the city snow plows going down the street and leaving a ridge of snow along the side. Tonight my 5-year old grandson and I took a one-mile walk. First, we fed carrots to three horses. Then we walked around the block. The walk was slow because my grandson was having fun walking through the snow and smashing clumps of snow. It was fun to see a kid at play with no cares in the world except stomping on the next clump.

No comments:

Post a Comment