Saturday, February 02, 2008

Finally getting back to my running goals

By adding one mile to my run today, I've started to increase my distance to get back to my 5, 5, 10, 13 schedule that I had a year ago. My goal is to add a mile each week to my Wednesday run to bring it up to 10, or to my Saturday run to bring it up to 13, but I probably won't increase both runs in the same week. Of course, if my body handles the weekly one-mile increase fine, I'll probably try increasing both runs in the same week to see how that goes. It's unlikely that I'll be ready for the Salt Lake City Half-marathon in April, but I hope to be ready for the Great Salt Lake Half-marathon in August. As part of my speed training for the August race, I hope to run the 5K in South Jordan in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment