Thursday, February 14, 2008

A great 7-mile run this afternoon

I began my run about 4 pm this afternoon and ran 7 miles on the Jordan River Parkway. The city had plowed the snow that came last night from the path, and the warm temperatures today [a high of 46 (F) ] had dried the path.

I added a mile to my mid-week run, and I ran a comfortable LSD pace. I felt pretty good and had a relatively high energy level, considering I had spent three hours this morning shoveling snow from my driveway and sidewalks. I ran a pace of 12:30 - 13 minutes for most of the run. Mile 5 and 6 were at a slower pace of 13:30 - 14 minutes.

If I'm able to continue adding a mile to my mid-week run and a mile to my weekend run, I will have met my current goal by the end of March to return to my "normal" distances of 5 miles rest run, 10 miles medium run, and 13 miles long run. If I hadn't had the injuries in November/December, I would have met my goal by the end of December. But, I'm still alive and still running, so I can't complain. I'm not planning on running the Salt Lake City Half Marathon in April, because I need more time to get used to the longer distances. It is a temptation, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment