Tuesday, August 08, 2006

This tapering isn't bad

I didn't run yesterday due to being up way too late the night before doing a new-baby video for my wife's nephew. My wakeup HR was 48 this morning, and I ran 2 1/2 miles at a very comfortable jog. The temperature was about 70 (F), and it was pleasant to be out. On the way back, I picked up a few pieces of litter to help keep the Jordan River Parkway clean.

Tomorrow I'll do a comfortable 5 miles and 1 mile on Thursday. Then on Saturday I'll do a comfortable 6.5 miles.

2 comments:

  1. Howdy! I won't start my taper until next Monday. This week I'll have a long run of 18 miles and a tempo run too. I reconsidered posting last week's training on about.com due to all the injuries lately...don't want to appear like I'm rubbing it in, and/or encourage others to follow my example of high mileage. I have only three more days before I start my vacation...time is just dragging!! Happy trails, Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bruce,

    I've been wondering if a two-week taper is too long. If I were younger, I'd probably go with a one-week taper, but because of my age I decided to go with the two weeks. I've been pushing my speed up on my 10 and 13 mile runs during the past month, and I wanted to be sure I'm well rested for the race.

    After I've completed the GSL, I'll have a better idea about the two-week taper. I'll be able to tell if my condition had deteriorated during the two weeks.

    ReplyDelete