Saturday, August 19, 2006

Step 1 to Boston is accomplished. On to step 2

Completing the GSL this morning was my first step towards running Boston in 2011. I needed to demonstrate to myself that my body was strong enough to complete a half marathon in a good time.

My next step to Boston is the completion of a full marathon at any pace. I'm giving myself a full year to reach that step and hope to run the marathon during the summer or fall of 2007.

After I complete step 2, I will have demonstrated that my body is strong enough to do the 26.2 miles. Step 3 will be getting my time down to the qualifying time of 4 hours 45 minutes. I'm allowing 3 years to do that step. Step 4 will be qualifying for Boston, and step 5 will be running Boston.

Training Graphs

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I've been on an emotional high all weekend, and I feel good going into my recovery week. It's nice to know that there is still life left in my old body :)

    ReplyDelete