Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Did a heavy run of 2.6 miles

In the late afternoon, Judy and I drove to the parking lot at 100th South, and I did 2.6 miles, adding a bit to my heavy run. I went to the bench that is 0.3 miles south of 106th South. The temperature when we left home was 40 (F), and it was 32 when we returned. I took no breaks during my run, and I will need several occurrences of this distance to get used to it. I wore four layers on my body and two layers on my legs. I wore my light running gloves, but my fingers still were cold. The rest of my body was fine, though. I saw several runners and walkers on the path and one skater. I was back at my car just before it became dark. When I was younger, my fingers would warm up after 1 1/2 miles, but they stayed cold during the last half of this run. I guess my blood circulation is not as good in my old body as it was when I was younger.

One runner, whom I have never met, called me by my first name when he passed me, and I think he has been reading this blog.

South Jordan City has a glass recycling bin at the parking lot, and my wife put several empty bottles in the bin, bottles that had held Martinelli non-alcoholic fruit juice. My grandkids who visited my home during the Christmas holidays drank the juice. My wife and I drank water.

No comments:

Post a Comment