Saturday, May 06, 2017

Did 1.1 miles

As I indicated in my previous post, I went back to 1.1 miles and did OK, although I got slightly dizzy during the last 0.1 mile. I felt fine after I got home and rested a bit. This evening my wife and I drove about half an hour to attend a concert in which my daughter was playing in the French Horn section and my granddaughter was playing a solo on her Viola. I felt fine during that trip.

I'm going to run 1.1 miles each time during next week, and maybe the week afterwards, and when I feel accustomed to that distance, I will make small increases in my distance (the 10% rule). Apparently, I just didn't have the energy to do 1.5 miles. When I was younger and tried to run too far, I could tell I didn't have enough energy to complete the distance. But, as I've gotten older, I've started getting dizzy when I run out of energy. We'll see how I do next week with 1.1 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment