Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Did another 1.5 miles

I went running in the late afternoon and did another 1.5 miles. The temperature was in the low to mid 70s (F), the sky was sunny with a few clouds, and it was a great day to be outside.

I'm still having problems getting dizzy on the way back. I've eliminated low blood pressure and my food and water intake, and I'm next going to check my distance as a factor. I normally use the 10% rule in increasing my distance, but this time I've been making big jumps (40-50%) to get back to the distance I was formally running. Because of my older age, perhaps I need to use the 10% rule in getting back to my former distance. I seemed to do OK with 1.1 miles, so I'm going to go back to that distance and make smaller increases my distance, although a 10% increase in distance may be too much for an old man like me. I'll continue to check my blood pressure and my food and water intake during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment