Monday, October 28, 2013

Ran/walked for 64 minutes

I had a great run in the late afternoon. I went north from 100th South one mile to the bench in the Sandy golf course, and then I returned to 100th South and went south slightly past the 0.5 mile marker to a bench and took my first and only rest stop. Then I returned to the parking lot for a total of 3.2 miles. I was back to my car just a few minutes before it got dark. During most of my run, I saw nobody else on the Parkway path, but I did see a couple of cyclists and a couple of other runners on the path in the vicinity of the golf course bench. They looked like they had been out for quite a while and were trying to get to their car before the rain started. During my run, I used my usual 1 minute running and 1 minute walking.

The weather forecast for today and tomorrow is for rain. The sky was overcast all day, but it only sprinkled during my run. Just before I got to the bench in the golf course, the wind picked up to 30-40 mph gusts, and some rain came down. But, by the time I got back to the parking lot at 100th South, the wind had died, and the few sprinkles of rain had ceased. During my last mile, there were only gusts of 3-5 mph and no rain. I'm expecting it to rain during the night and tomorrow morning, or maybe tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment