Sunday, October 27, 2013

Missed running today

I planned on going running early in the morning, but before I left, my wife fixed breakfast, and I chose to eat with her, thinking I would go later in the afternoon. During the early afternoon, I put my two vegetable gardens to bed by rototilling the corn stalks, tomato vines, and other plants so they would decompose during the winter. When I finished, I was too tired to go running, and I stayed home and rested.  My rototiller weights about 70-80 pounds, and it is a struggle to control it when the ground is soft. Doing the rows themselves aren't a problem, but I struggle to turn the machine at the end of each row. When I was younger, I could handle the machine pretty good, but as I get older, I'm finding that my physical ability to turn the machine is limited. As I tilled today, I began to wonder what it would be like in about five years from now, and I realized that in just a few years, I may have to hire someone to do the tilling for me.

The following picture of a troybilt tiller is from the web.


No comments:

Post a Comment