Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Began my running week with a LSD of 2.6 miles

My run took 54 minutes. I'm not breaking any speed records, because I'm a lot slower than I was in my mid 40s when I ran marathons. But, I'm still alive, healthy, and moving....

I ran during the mid-day, and because of this there wasn't much shade on the path. I zig-zagged across the path to pick up the patches of shade. I carried and used 2 bottles of water (each bottle = 1 cup). My ratio of running and walking has been 60 seconds of each, but about two weeks ago I changed (and am still using the new ratio) the ratio to be 90 seconds running and 60 seconds walking. The mid-day temperature is in the high 80s (F) to low 90s, a big improvement from July when the mid-day temperature was high 90s to low 100s.

No comments:

Post a Comment