Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Free Book

Here is a message from Joe Ellis.

My name is Joe Ellis. I'm a longtime distance runner and novelist. My work has been featured in Runner's World and reviewed in the Washington Post. I wanted to get the word out that I'm offering my latest novel, The Old Man and the Marathon, for free to distance runners and walkers. It can be downloaded for free at www.smashwords.com for Kindle, Nook, iPad, computer, etc. or at Amazon.com or BN.com for 99 cents. I consider this novel a labor of love and my gift to distance running community. It is modeled after Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea. It's about an old man who takes on the challenge of a marathon despite a history of sciatica.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I just finished Joe Elis' "The Old Man and the Marathon", a quick enjoyable read. Interesting enough that I'm going back and read some of his earlier work. (That's a benchmark I tend to use: good enough to want some more, or just good enough that one is enough)

    ReplyDelete