Monday, October 01, 2012

Ran/walked a nice 60 minutes

The temperature was in the mid 70s (F) when I ran this morning, and it was a beautiful Fall day to be outside. There was a slight breeze blowing, but I didn't notice it as I ran and walked. I started my hour run about 11:30 am, so most of the morning shade was gone, but there were periods of shade, and I enjoyed them; I completed 3.2 miles. Because of the Fall temperature, the periods of sun weren't bad.  I only took 2 bottles (2 cups) of water with me, and I had a drink from a fountain just before I started the run and when I ended the run. I still had half a bottle of water when I finished the run, and I poured it out before I took a drink from the fountain. My wakeup heart rate was 59 this morning, still high because I stayed up late for two nights last week and didn't get enough sleep.

I've been running three times per week for 60 minutes, 100 minutes, and 140 minutes. I've decided to reduce the length of the last two runs, giving me 60, 80, and 100 minutes, respectively. Since I don't do much racing and run for enjoyment, I'm more interested in reducing the stress on my old body than I am of increasing my distance to the half-marathon distance. I'll eventually get to the half-marathon distance, but it will take me longer to get there than I had originally planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment