Monday, October 08, 2012

Nice 62 minute run/walk

Today was a great Fall day to be outside running. The temperature during my run was in the low 60s (F). There was no wind, and I ran in the late afternoon and had lots of shade as well as sun. I did 3.4 miles. I didn't carry any water, but I had a nice drink in the parking lot at the beginning and end of my run, and that was sufficient. I forgot both my two-phase timer and my GPS, so I just ran and walked as my body needed a change. I think I ran a little longer than 50 seconds and walked a little less than 50 seconds.

Fall is my favorite time of the year. I don't know how soon we'll get snow, we've had a light frost for the past few nights, but I'm enjoying the crisp Fall days. I didn't run last week, because my wakeup heart rate was above 60, but I did run today because my heart rate was 59. If I continue to get  a good 7 hours sleep each night, my heart rate should keep going down. I hope so. The days are too nice to stay cooped up in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment