Monday, October 22, 2012

Another nice 60-minute Run

I ran for an hour again, using the same route I used last week.  I did go further, though, due to doing more running and less walking. I forgot both my GPS and two-phase timer, and I just ran until my body said it needed to walk. During the first 1.7 miles, I ran for 1/4 mile and then walked for about 40-50 seconds. During the return 1.6 miles, I took short walking breaks more often. I completed 3.3 miles in the hour.

My wakeup heart rate was 59. For the past couple of weeks, I've only run once a week because my heart rate was high and I took extra rest days. Except for one night last week, I've been doing pretty good in getting 7 hours of sleep each night. During the one night last week, I only got 3 1/2 hours of sleep. I went to bed at a reasonable time, but I woke up earlier and couldn't go back to sleep. We had company staying with us that night, and I may have been suffering from anxiety. Also, I knew the next few days would be busy, and that may have increased my anxiety. Last night was a good 7 hours of sleep. Hopefully, I'll continue getting 7 hours this week.

Today was a cloudy day (rain showers are predicted), and the temperature was in the mid 60s (F). A 5 mph wind was blowing from the south, with gusts up to 10 mph or so. All in all, it was a nice day for running and walking. I felt cool at the beginning of my run, but after half-an-hour, I was comfortable and was actually sweating a bit under the brim of my hat.

I like the Fall with its yellow leaves falling to the ground and temperatures in the 50s and 60s. It's a great time to be alive and outside!

2 comments:

  1. Anxiety? what's that? Que sera, sera.
    I do have a sleep problem though. I spend a lot of time in bed but sleep very little.
    Agree with you about the autumn colors, it's a wonderful time of year for running, or anything else - as I think I wrote in my Blog....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Runningfox,

    Anxiety is a mood disorder. Wikipedia gives a lengthy discussion of it.

    ReplyDelete