Monday, October 10, 2011

A nice 59 minute (3 mile) run

My wakeup heart rate was 57, 2 points higher than on Friday, the day of my previous run. I've been getting sufficient sleep the past couple of days, but I was sleep deprived for a few days before that. I've noticed in the past that after I've been sleep deprived for a few days, my wakeup heart rate goes up. Then, when I start getting sufficient sleep, there is a delay before my wakeup heart rate goes back down. So, after measuring my wakeup heart rate this morning, I didn't expect to have a really great run.

I felt pretty good during the run. Because of my relative high wakeup heart rate, I ran and walked at slow paces and just enjoyed being outside. The temperature was in the low 60s (F), but there was a south wind with 20 mph gusts. During the last 3/4 mile, I started to get tired, and I took a short rest with just 1/2 mile to go. After a minute or so on a bench, I finished the run, stretched, and headed home to mow my lawns.

There is a cold-front passing through tonight and tomorrow, and the temperature will be lower and light rain will likely occur. Starting with Wednesday, however, the rest of the week should be warmer and nice.

2 comments:

  1. Don't take my pulse very often but did today after reading your Blog. This afternoon it was spot on 40. However, I'm rather envious of your running as I'm currently sat at home nursing a broken rib after a heavy fall towards the end of a ten mile run last Saturday. It means I've nothing to Blog about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your broken rib. Hope it heals without complications!

    ReplyDelete